The Japan Marketing Specialist for GSD has responsibility for executing regional marketing strategy, campaign execution and demand generation for the Instruments and Consumable product family of Genetic medical & Applied Sciences Div.(GSD) in the Life-science Solution Group. This role will be regionally focused, and will be the key interface to represent sales and marketing needs with Asia Pacific Japan and global Marketing. This position will develop and drive marketing programs resulting in measurable impact on demand, leads, revenue, profit and market share gains. Partnering with the Commercial organization and Corporate Marketing team, the Japan Marketing Specialist will provide sales tools, digital marketing tools, events and sales channel optimization. This role will also provide regional marketing perspective on market dynamics, competitive opportunities, customer requirements and sales force pipeline needs.
• Collaborate and align with Marketing Managers to develop mid-long term and annual marketing strategy and plans including pricing to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
• Execute regional marketing programs targeting segments that drive demand generation, pipeline health and new contacts in these segments.
• Work with Marketing Managers, the Regional Sales teams and the Global/APJ teams on developing go-to-market strategy for new product launches (NPIs) to achieve revenue goals and market adoption.
• Develop and optimize sales channels to maximize revenue and profit.
• Develop and implement digital-based marketing programs and events by working with Corporate Marketing team.
• Drive ROI performance for key marketing programs and product launches.
• Provide monthly market and competitive updates pertaining to technology trends, new products, compelling applications or adjacent market opportunities.
• Conduct various kind of analysis required for developing effective marketing plans above described.
• Conduct regional VOCs directly or in collaboration with Science Communicator to assess the impact of product positioning, brand equity, customer satisfaction and marketing effectiveness.
• Share best practices, effective regional strategies and high ROI campaign approaches with the global and regional marketing teams around the world.
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, or MBA highly desirable.
• min. 3 years marketing or sales experience with solid scientific technology mainly for molecular biology and market knowledge
• Significant knowledge and experience with Gene Analysis/Genetic Science products
• Proven experience and capabilities in regional strategy development and execution
• Demonstrated results driving targeted campaign initiatives utilizing web, search, social media, advertising and events channels
• Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent skills for interpersonal communication and teamwork.
• Ability to travel 20+%
• Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand and the life sciences industry.
• Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
• Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills in both of Japanese and English.
• Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
• Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
• Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join