Indirect Sourcing Specialist
Job ID :
Japan - Yokohama
- Acts as the indirect sourcing process owner, and defines indirect sourcing processes and policies, documents and updates procedures, and performs root cause analysis when failures occur. In addition, maintains and communicates requirements and specifications to the vendors.
- Negotiates supply agreements and contracts, and establishes clear rules for when to utilize formal agreements, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), purchasing cards, and POs.
- Understands the marketplace for assigned categories; determine the appropriate strategy to partner with the best suppliers to improve both supplier quality and cost.
- Develops and implements a Supplier Relationship Management program to transform our relationships with key suppliers and drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Interacts with both the supply base and internal customers to identify, implement, and realize cost reduction and performance improvement opportunities
- Monitors and maintains key supplier/vendor metrics and KPIs to measure supplier performance, leadtime, cost performance, productivity, and quality.
- Leads process improvement projects and initiatives to streamline, automate, and simplify indirect sourcing processes and tasks, such as vendor reduction and vendor onboarding processes and also formulates and documents internal procurement policies
- Identifies, plans, executes, tracks, and reports procurement projects, generating savings in cost/quality/service. Monitors progress against assigned indirect sourcing initiatives and specific country cost savings initiatives, while providing improvement plan support and updates to senior leadership on emerging opportunities/risks
- Provides indirect sourcing project leadership and support to achieve assigned country operations initiatives and savings targets. Drives, leads, and/or supports special projects, process improvement projects, and other associated duties to support maximizing EBITA .
- Partner with vendors and commercial teams to established preferred vendors to take advantage of economies of scale and leverage the purchasing power of Thermo Fisher locally and globally.