Job Title: Team Leader
Internal Job Title: Supervisor, Client Services Projects
Reports To: Manager – Client Services
Group/Division: Clinical Trials Division
Job Family: Client Services Project Management
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Management
Position Location: North America, Basel or Horsham
Number of Direct Reports: 1-10
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day, 8am – 5pm, additional as required
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
The Team Leader has leadership responsibilities and is accountable for the actions of the Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and Project Support Associates. They work closely with the project management team to ensure timely delivery of client project requirements. They establish and implement appropriate processes to support productivity enhancements. Team leaders will have day-to-day project management accountability for assigned projects, as well as portfolio oversight of their team’s client base to ensure client expectations are being met and the business is delivering consistently across clients.
- Develops, mentors and performs annual reviews for Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and Project Support Associates. Develops Performance Improvement Plans when necessary.
- Establishes goals for direct reports in accordance with company initiatives and vision.
- Manages the portfolio of projects and clients handled by the project management team and is responsible for the accurate and consistent execution of customer projects for assigned customers as well as all new customers.
- Provides support for customer issues related to projects for which PMs, APMs and PSAs are responsible when those parties determine the issues must be escalated.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements to improve overall efficiency and productivity of the project management team.
- Handles all personnel issues, timecard maintenance, PMDs and job descriptions as required for direct reports.
- Participates in sales and marketing activities such as customer and/or project kickoffs, teleconferences, customer visits, audits, estimates and quotations with Sales and other personnel.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments and maintains continuous communication with those departments.
- Provides or coordinates training, including system training and SOP training on regular basis.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Requires in depth understanding of clinical trials and other business services.
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
- Requires good knowledge of company functions globally and a deep understanding of the relationships and processes integration among departments within the business.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communication with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Requires strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires experience with both detail execution and strategic orientation.
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field. Prefer advanced degree in a health related field.
- Requires 5-7 years of experience supporting project management teams.
- Requires previous work experience in healthcare field.
- Requires 2 years management experience.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
- Requires proven experience working with direct management of teams
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Prefer Certification in Project Management by a recognized institution in project
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join