Role: Quality Control Analyst
To analyse raw materials and other samples using approved analytical methods
To assist in the investigation of problems relating to the quality of materials.
1. To analyse materials by approved analytical methods to an appropriate level of accuracy and precision.
2. To organise their personal allocation of work to reflect the priorities of the business.
3. To select / develop an appropriate method for approval if no approved method exists.
4. To calibrate analytical instruments before commencing work as required by the methods and work instructions of the quality systems.
5. To work in accordance with the requirements of the quality systems, their associated procedures and working instructions.
6. To escalate issues and highlight the action that is being taken whenever analytical problems might delay the approval of material.
7. Identify quality issues and use problem solving skills to investigate.
8. When analysing materials, to achieve the required standards of precision and accuracy whilst meeting the departments agreed target times.
9. To keep an accurate and up-to-date record of all work and observations in the manner set out in the appropriate quality system.
10. To update the Laboratory Information Management System ensuring that the data is available so that the release of quarantined material is not delayed.
11. To maintain a stock of consumables that is sufficient for effective working.
12. When using instruments maintain them in good order, report defects and effect any repairs as directed
13. To write procedures and to carry out assessments as required.
14. To work in a safe and planned manner having regard for his/her own personal safety and the safety of others. Company EHS policies must be adhered to. Following prescribed safety instructions, wearing prescribed personal protective equipment and adherence to the company policy for the consumption of food and drink is mandatory. To carry out departmental safety audits on a rota basis.
15. To have regard for 5S, housekeeping and to keep their own and the communal work areas clean, tidy and safe.
16. To handle chemicals safely and to inform the business of any unsafe procedures, practises or incidents that occur. To ensure that all waste material is disposed of in line with agreed protocols.
Closing date for applications:Friday 26th January 2018
Recruiter, Adele Holland, email@example.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join