When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for providing support to maintain the product quality and established cycles for all the injection molding machines. Works with the Quality Control and Molding personnel to meet objectives and achieve metric goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs daily visual inspection of all large tonnage molding machines and makes a written list of the machines requiring service or problem solving.
- Participates in technical and mechanical work that is required to keep the machines operating until optimum cycles and acceptable quality have been achieved.
- Performs mechanical work on machines or mold parts to assemble and disassemble parts.
- Responds to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions.
- Communicates with Quality Control on daily quality issues and performs quality control checking of product by manipulating and visually inspecting random parts.
- Pulls molds for service and sets up molds to run in molding machines.
- Reports any machine and tooling issues to supervisor.
- Completes daily paperwork such as a Status Change forms and Production Request forms.
- Follows established procedures to maintain production such as maneuvering large boxes filled with varying amounts of product and maneuvering wooden pallets into place underneath them.
- Assists material handlers, at times, by transporting raw plastic material bags or raw plastic material obtained from gaylords in buckets or boxes and placing it into a hopper positioned on top of the machines.
- Assists and participates in special projects which may include taking inventory, organizing items on shelves or special cleaning projects requiring removal of parts by accessing a ladder.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: HS Dipoloma or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: 5 to 10 years related experience preferred.
Physical Demands: Heavy Work – Lifting up to 100lbs
Additional comments regarding worker traits, mental/visual demands or other factors relating to selection of job candidates, where workers with one or more disabilities may require accommodation:
Travel: Less than 1%
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join