A Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment in all areas of Logistics with the goal of meeting/exceeding both our internal and external customers’ expectation. These include but are not limited to: outbound & inbound material handling, cycle counting and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Process shipping and receiving packages with speed, accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Preparing cGMP compliant documents
- Operating material handling equipment
- Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and 5C Cold Room.
- Preparing and shipping materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Support interdepartmental communication relating to several groups such as: Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Shipping.
- Inventory Receipt and Storing of new approved materials.
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by the Team Leads, Supervisor and/or management.
- Perform frequent inventory, stock rotation and cycle counting.
- Restocks and maintains inventory levels on shipping materials and supplies.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40 lbs.
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50# or more
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
- Maintain compliance to PPE requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
- Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn and retain new computer programs
- Ability to lift up to 50#
- Requires a minimum of 1 – 3 years related experience. Experience with Inventory Control is a plus.
- Experience using a fork lift.
- Experience with QAD, IMPACCT and/or JDE (Oracle) software.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and 5S theories and principles.
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.