When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Priority Solutions International, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a Life Science specialty logistics provider. Our focus on product integrity across the full supply chain including samples, urgent care and trade product is best-in-class and aligned with Life Science Quality Assurance requirements. Our industry business intelligence across multiple clients, adherence to regulatory requirements and deviation prevention mechanisms provides both tangible and intangible cost savings. This is why the largest global pharmaceutical companies have come to rely on us to support their very specific logistics needs. http://www.prioritysolutions.com
Position Summary: - This position aggressively manages a global network of transportation providers that provide support to our specialty courier and freight forwarding operations. Our network includes the following types of providers:
- Customs Brokers
- Clearance and Delivery sub-contractors
- Cold Chain Packaging suppliers and providers that can provide cold chain packaging
- White Glove Pick up & Delivery Subcontractors
This newly created role will initiate a streamlined approach to growing and expanding our network of providers. This position will have both tactical and strategic elements to it and is not for a person who wants to manage a broad team of professionals. This position is the ultimate role for a self-starter who desires to obtain career growth through direct hands on achievement.
- Develop and reinforce Global Transportation Sourcing strategy as part of the overall business and leadership structure
- Grow and expand current supplier base
- Obtain substantial annual cost savings from current supplier base.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers through our existing Master Services and Motor Carrier Agreements. Ensure providers and Thermo Fisher Scientific adhere to provisions within agreed to MSAs.
- Ensure quality and service metrics are met across provider base, enhance or adjust the base where areas of concern lie.
- Work hand and hand with operations to provide and implement the necessary tools are available from our base of suppliers.
- Manage Priority Solutions Solution’s team which provides costing models and pricing proposals to our organization.
- Creation of optimal routing guide to be utilized by our transportation operators.
- Work with corporate compliance, quality and transportation groups to ensure global supplier contracts are utilized to their fullest extent.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5-10 Years of experience in experience aforementioned (shown below)
- Project management training and/or certification preferred
- Six Sigma certification and/or equivalent lean training preferred
- Past experiences in direct transportation sourcing with airlines, pick-up and delivery subcontractors, customs brokers and expedited trucking companies, preferably on behalf of a Specialty Courier or freight forwarding company. Specialty Courier or Global Freight Forwarding hands on operational experience.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates sound judgment is setting priorities and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated improvement results in multi-disciplinary performance improvement projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Articulate and able to express self clearly and concisely
- High level of energy, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Pursues educational opportunities that ensure professional and program growth.
- Aligns own work with organizational goals and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates an interest, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward job and others.
- At least 3 years in project coordination, vendor management, process improvement and transportation network design.
- Recent process improvement & project management experience with demonstrated results.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques, and methodologies of implementing and coordinating process improvements in a variety of business settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work with interdisciplinary teams. Ability to lead, direct, and instruct teams, utilizing process improvement tools to address opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in providing reports and data analysis to a variety of audiences.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet demands of projects.
- Work in a demanding, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk up to 80% of the time.
- Use of fine motor skills up to 50% of the time.
- Visual acuity of at least 20/60 in one eye, with or without correction.
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-25 dB HL) aided/non-aided, and/or speech discrimination within functional limits for telephone and personal communication.
- Personal Computer / Laptop
- Telecommunications equipment
- Audiovisual equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel,Powerpoint and SharePoint for database management preferred
- Experience using DocUsign, Ariba, Bravo a plus
- Experience using Project & vendor management software a plus
- Global regulations & guidelines
- Annual Thermo Fisher Scientific ethics, iComply and Thermo University training.
Area Specific Work Rules:
- Adheres to departmental work rules (i.e., attendance, leave, dress code).
- Meets departmental confidentiality policy of all materials processed.
- Flexible hours, as required, to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the organization.
- Champions PPI Business System as “The Way We Do Business”
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join