When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Formulations Scientist will formulate and manufacture in-vitro diagnostic products (chemistry-based products - controls and calibrators) used in the clinical laboratory. Complete associated documentation and participate in continuous improvement projects.
What will you do?
- Manufacture products and complete batch records following SOPs.
- Ensure compliance at all times in accordance with cGMP including GDP.
- Meet on-time delivery dates for each assigned work order.
- Perform in-process assays using clinical analyzers.
- Review and analyze data.
- Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals required.
- Initiate non-conformance reports as required.
- Perform product filtrations.
- Review and approve completed batch records.
- Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
- Assist with modifying SOPs, work instructions and reports.
- Recommend improvements to processes, environment or equipment.
- Participate in daily/weekly lab ‘5s’ activities.
- Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues.
- Monitor stocks of common lab supplies.
- Perform other job duties as required.
How will you get here?
- BS/BA in a Scientific discipline (Chemistry/Biochemistry preferred) with 0 - 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Experience/understanding of Quality System Regulations and cGMP preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and focused.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Can follow procedures carefully.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions.
- Able to lift 25 lbs and may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join