Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco
The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing business, part of our Life Sciences Solutions group. Personalized precision medicine has become a new paradigm in oncology treatment, offering hope for improved cancer treatments. Advances in next-generation sequencing (NGS) allow clinicians and laboratory professionals to routinely gather therapy-relevant molecular information in a timely fashion, a prerequisite for true personalized medicine in the face of a growing list of molecularly targeted drugs.
The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) offers multiple solutions for solid tumor biomarker testing to aid in identifying those patients eligible for treatment, based on Ion Torrent and Oncomine NGS technology.
How will you make an impact?
- Understand the requirements for various diagnostic programs
- Understand the requirements and design of data analysis pipelines to support various applications (Oncology, Metagenomics, Liquid Biopsy, RNASeq etc)
- Help software development team to understand and design the complex Informatics and Data Visualization features.
- Write and execute test protocols to validate the features and data analysis pipelines
- Check the correctness of output Compare output data with other equivalent systems
- Perform system performance profiling
- Perform test automation with Python and Java
- Requirement gathering and analysis and writing design docs for various analysis features
- Prepare FDA submission documentation
- Write and execute test cases, responsible for updating defect-tracking records.
- Work closely with developers to implement software features
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Masters or PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Experience with mapping, variant calling and fusion detection algorithms
- Experience in perl/python scripting
- Experience in Java Programming
- Basic understanding or working knowledge of software testing preferred
- Good communication both written and oral
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join