Job Title: Sr. Product Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, Ca.
The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing business, part of our Life Sciences Solutions group. Personalized precision medicine has become a new paradigm in oncology treatment, offering hope for improved cancer treatments. Advances in next-generation sequencing (NGS) allow clinicians and laboratory professionals to routinely gather therapy-relevant molecular information in a timely fashion, a prerequisite for true personalized medicine in the face of a growing list of molecularly targeted drugs.
The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) offers multiple solutions for solid tumor biomarker testing to aid in identifying those patients eligible for treatment, based on Ion Torrent and Oncomine NGS technology.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Product Manager will provide leadership and execution for products across the Ion Torrent library preparation business in the Life Sciences Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This person will focus on Ampliseq Technology into new markets and will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products.
S/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing product development and marketing plans, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products.
What will you do?
- Develops marketing plans and market research.
- Leads new product development teams.
- Manages inventory, pricing, customer communications and revenue forecasts.
- Manages worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio.
- Updates and presents forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
- Analyzes market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Leads new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training.
- Works collaboratively with other members of Thermo Fisher Scientific team to drive growth for the business segment.
How will you get here?
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in life sciences
- 5+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree (MBA preferred) with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing
- Ability to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development
- Ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success
- Requires strong customer facing experience
- Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials
- Next generation sequencing experience
- Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products, some life sciences
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join