As Site HR Partner you are an important partner for the local management teams in Vienna and responsible for all site HR related topics. Embedded into the Austrian country HR organization the position will be the “key point of contact” for the Business HR Partners, supporting them by locally executing programs and business initiatives. As an experienced and hands-on HR Generalist you will work closely with the wider HR organization utilizing your excellent communication and influencing skills to drive employee engagement and manage change.
- Support Country and Business HR partners by implementing and executing programs and strategic initiatives for the betterment of the organization.
- Implement, maintain and execute local HR policies, instruments, procedures, in line with Business, Corporate and Country guidelines and harmonization requirements. Ensure involvement with relevant HR partners including all Business Support functions.
- Oversee and conduct employee/labor relations investigations and provide recommendations for resolution. Provide objective perspective to support manager and employee issues.
- Serve as main owner and contact person for internal as well as external audit bodies regarding personnel/HR-related topics (e.g. ISO, supplier audits).
- Support and partner with our Talent Acquisition team in recruitment and hiring efforts within established guidelines and ensure professional onboarding experience.
- Consult managers at the site in identifying and developing talent and support in defining roles and responsibilities across the site to build a strong workforce.
- Participate in HR and cross-functional projects.
- Partner with our HR1 Shared Service Center ensuring flawless HR and administration payrolls execution.
- Ensure and provide day-to-day operational HR support to the business and employees in an effective, cost efficient manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or a commercial apprenticeship in combination with a higher learning institution required or equivalent through relevant experience and an excellent updated knowledge.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist with multi-national company; experience in operating in a matrixed environment a plus
- Experience in Austrian employment law
- Fluent in German and English
- Willingness to take on challenges and responsibilities with diplomacy, perseverance and determination; strong in prioritization.
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organized and positive
- Experience with the Human Capital Management system, Workday, would be an advantage
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment with multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work at 2 locations in Vienna
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected Status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join