The Global Technical Support Engineer TEM is member of the GTS team group in Eindhoven. This group is responsible for worldwide 3rd line support, installation management and product and process improvements of TEM products. The issues encountered at 3rd line support also form the basis for service documentation improvements and service requirements for new products.
The Global Technical Support Engineer is mainly responsible for providing technical support in order to enable quick and proper solutions to problems in the field. In order to successfully do so, the Engineer Global Technical Support will have to develop close relations with colleagues from Customer Service, Corporate Technology, Engineering, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing, Product Management and Application. He/she can work independently under stress-situations (time-pressure, expectations), understands the importance of customer satisfaction, and succeeds through dedication, enthusiasm, technical capabilities and enabling a network of expert people within ThermoFisher Scientific.
Specific deliverables associated with this opportunity include:
- Provide worldwide 3rd line technical support up to system level of TEM products. This means phone and email support as well as traveling to customer sites and repair down tools that are under escalation. This also includes training the onsite engineers while doing repairs.
- Monitor and track the progress of agreed schedules and action items. Provide feedback to product quality teams based on Pareto analyses and make proposals for improvement projects
- Participates in improvement projects for products and processes
- Develop close relation with Engineering, Manufacturing, Corporate Technology, New Product Introduction, Product Management and Application to properly address specific needs to get a problem solved.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- University degree in technical direction, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Experience in high-tech industry environment in service, development or manufacturing
- Experience with project management
- Experience with analytical equipment (electronics, software, physics, mechanics) such as Electron Microscopes, Wafer steppers, Medical Equipment (e.g. MRI-scan)
- Experience with demanding customers and understanding of the importance of customer relations and intimacy.
- Self-starter who is also highly productive when not supervised.
- Traveling (25% - 30% of working time)
- Fluent in English (verbal and in writing); other language skills are an asset.
- Good skills in communicating, persuading, inspiring, developing and motivating are required in order to interact with other people.
- Customer Focus
- Systematic Problem solving
- Planning / Prioritizing & Goal setting
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Team Work
- Energizing others
- Decision making and Problem Solving
- Gets Results
- Relationship building
- Influence & Persuasion
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join