When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Title: Inside Sales Specialist, Durham, NC
The Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining a sales territory, supporting incoming customer inquiries for a designated region, and engaging with both tactical and strategic customers that are not assigned to outside Chemical Sales Specialists. This person will be responsible for these activities in all Production Chemical Channel facilities. Primary customers may include pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, R&D, cGMP, general electronic, medical device, environmental, semiconductor, advanced material, and research universities.
- Mange tactical customer calls, quote inquires, product inquiries, documentation requirements to further Life Sciences and Advanced Technology business at existing accounts.
- Develop business plan, territory plan, and account strategy for existing business as well as strategy for new account acquisition.
- Engage directly with potential clients in a designated region to increase customer engagement and grow the territory focusing on meeting an assigned sales target.
- Using the company sales philosophy and vendor/product portfolio, identify, develop and influence:
- Key decision makers
- Processes employed at customer and chemical products & services needed to fulfill the processes
- Customer issues, problems, challenges, and activity cost centers where our service or portfolio of products can make an impact
- Negotiation skills to determine competitive pricing
- Maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge of products, services, newly developing technologies and manufacturing practices.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operational processes, market position, and competition to identify and qualify leads, prospects, and incoming inquires that fit our strategic objectives.
- Engage with Existing Suppliers, Fisher Scientific, and the BioProduction Division to support client needs through our supply chain services.
- Prepare quotes and related documentation, and maintain updated customer profile information in Salesforce contact management.
- Develop and deliver sales and technical presentations through our WebEx platform to develop deeper customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or Biology).
- A strong understanding and fluency in chemistry and/or the pharmaceutical industry to be able to serve as a resource for customers and effectively present information to engineers, managers, supply chain personnel.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Email, and Website Analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight approximately 5 days per year for training and to attend trade shows.
- 1+ years of Sales Experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as Marketing, Customer Service, Sales Support, and other selling divisions.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company to internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, spreadsheet, and creative skills.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join