When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Receiving Clerk- 2nd Shift, Lexington
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for standard receiving inspection activities, including unloading, inspection and storage of received products.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Unloads material in the Receiving Department
- Inspects received materials for visual damage; if damage is noted, communicates with the delivery person and files damage claim
- Must be able to operate SAP
- Certified to operate both sit-down and stand-up truck
- Verifies product is safely stacked on good pallets before staging for put away
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and maneuver heavy and bulky items in tight spaces using the motorized equipment
- Responsible for the orderly storage and proper labeling of all received item
- Utilize available space to provide maximum storage efficiency for the department
- Keeps work area clean and orderly at all times
- Observes all safety rules for self and others
- Assists with put away of finished goods that are in receiving
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join