The R&D Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure (SETI) team is responsible for supporting all software engineering teams within the MSD Electron Microscopy R&D organization.
Within Hillsboro, we have a challenging position for a software configuration manager of the local SETI team. You will be part of a global team handling infrastructure, configuration management, software tooling, and developer support for the R&D organization across MSD. Your primary focus will be the North American Electron Microscopy R&D organization. You will report to the US-based SETI Senior Manager. Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
- People management, development, and coaching of the Hillsboro SETI team.
- Engaging with R&D managers and software team leads to understand and ensure proper representation of their needs.
- Work with your peer SETI managers to define and execute our strategic roadmap.
- Forecast necessary infrastructure changes to support R&D projects.
- Support the developers in producing quality software.
- Ensure stability of the build and test environment.
- Analyze root causes of infrastructure failures, including builds and smoke tests, in a structured way.
- Provide support for SCM tooling, including server maintenance, client support, branching and merging, etc. This includes direct technical involvement.
- Continuously improve the build and test infrastructure.
- Contribute to SCM process improvements.
If you are the ideal candidate you enjoy working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary technical environment and like to solve complex technical problems. If you are energized by solving such problems, while maintaining a highly stable software development infrastructure for high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change the world. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.Sci.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a comparable role in a professional software development organization.
Qualified candidates should have proven knowledge and experience in the following topics and technologies:
- People management (manager or team lead)
- Team resource management
- Working with stakeholders (e.g. understand and define requirements, set and manage expectations).
- Basic project management skills
- Virtualization hardware and software (e.g. VMware, Xen, VDI, vSphere)
- Agile planning
- Software configuration management processes.
- Software development application use and administration (e.g. Jama, Jira, Redmine, Git, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft TFS)
- Microsoft Windows administration
- Scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Windows command shell, Perl, Groovy)
- Linux system administration (CentOS/Debian)
- Automated build systems based upon Visual Studio (e.g. msbuild, cMake, nuget)
- Software build management and tooling (e.g. Jenkins)
- Test management software (e.g. Selenium, Testlink, TestRail)
- Programming languages (such as Python, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with build infrastructure in the cloud.
- DevOps implementation
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration in an international setting.
- Good communicational skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent understanding of the English language, both verbal and in writing.
- A team player within a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical view combined with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude (flexibility).
- Results-driven with a ‘can do’ mentality and an eye for quality.
- Accurate and precise.
- Proactive and self-responsible.
- Curious, fast learning, mostly on the job.
- Willing to incidentally work outside office hours.
You must be eligible for a passport and willing to travel.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join