At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to build intuitive software and tools that can be used by scientists. We are seeking enthusiastic software test engineers who will scope, design, implement, and maintain automated and manual tests for scientific software.
- Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers in the business to understand and provide input to product requirements.
- Analyze and develop test plans and protocols for AWS/Web based tools and apps that scientists will use.
- Perform and coordinate QA activities such as estimation, test planning, test design, preparation of traceability matrix, test execution, test results analysis and reporting.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Develop custom Quality Assurance Metrics and reporting solutions using JIRA
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new test engineers as they join the team
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Masters Degree in Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Biology or another applicable domain pertinent to Life Sciences
- Experience in development of validation test plans, plan execution and report generation.
- Platforms: Experience with Win XP, Vista, UNIX or a UNIX-like platform (Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris)
- Demonstrated programming experience in any language such as Perl, Python or Java.
- Has relevant past experience working in a wet lab, employing techniques in molecular and/or cellular biology
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Selenium or other test automation frameworks
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
- Experience with multiple common bioinformatics programs such as BLAST, phred, phrap, consed, genscan.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join