The Sales Optimization Project Manager is a cross-functional role with responsibility for project management and accountability for deadlines, compliance, results and metrics. This individual will be accountable for supporting the sales organization and increasing sales effectiveness by establishing best practices and the consistent application of processes resulting in the achievement of organizational goals. They will effectively and efficiently optimize the performance of the sales organization in support of our business strategies and objectives by means of the creation and execution of operational processes.
- Develop, adopt, document, communicate, and control Sales’ and Sales Optimization’ Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify organizational needs, investigate, and implement new processes to support sales efforts
- Manage, coordinate and support various projects/programs (i.e. PowerBuy, business development, opportunity accuracy and reporting, leads, inventory projects, ad-hoc initiatives, etc.)
- Manage and prioritize workflows, SOPs, and resources
- Act as a liaison between Sales Optimization, Sales, and all internal functions impacting the sales team
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the following specific activities will fall under responsibility of this position:
- Develop operating procedures for current systems, tools, and processes
- Ensure all documents processes are current and up to date
- Train internal customers and peers on the use of tools and processes
- Initiative Support activities: facilitate price roll, rebate loads, AMPs approvals, contract compliance reviews, tie new customer accounts to price agreement, and problem-solve program related ad hoc issues
- Support programs/initiatives and the interrelated reporting activities
- Manage the web-based Sales Tool Resource Center
- Communicate the importance and facilitate the upkeep of the Business Development Process and Scorecard
- Coordinate Leads and Lead Programs (Marketing, CONNEX, etc.)
- Help identify and deliver on the needs of the selling organization to successfully drive initiatives, coordinating the sales, sourcing, pricing, supply chain and marketing efforts.
- Act as a resource to educate, train and assist the sales team to spend less time on non-selling activities
- Provide sales with internal support and coordination
- Actively participate in quality improvement projects to advance work quality and effectiveness (PPI, Employee Survey, etc.)
- Reliably manage assigned routine reporting and operational execution activities.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 5 years’ experience, preferably with Customer Channels Group operations, CRM and process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Operations, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional project management skills. Must be able to manage complex projects to milestones/delivery dates
- Strong self-management skills. Must be able to prioritize, delegate and make decisions quickly
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Must be able to analyze and interpret data elements and make recommendations for change/improvement
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel and the internet
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join