The Global Service Leader is responsible for the service business across the business unit on a global basis; inclusive of North America, Latin America, EMEA, India, ROA and China. The position directs all global service activity, as well as having responsibility for development of new services and service market strategy. Responsibilities include: revenue generation, profitability, customer service, and delivery of basic services such as equipment installation, customer training, technical support, on-site service, preventive maintenance, service contracts, depot repair, spare parts, and upgrades. Serves as a key leadership position for the overall business unit and is the primary customer advocate.
- Develop and implement an overall strategic plan for the global service business that provides comprehensive services offerings and delivers world-class service that meets or exceeds customer needs while aligning with division and corporate services initiatives.
- Systematically improve the execution, quality, and consistency of services across the business.
- Partner with sales in forming service strategies and relationships with key accounts, identifying new service business opportunities, and developing and promoting solutions across the entire portfolio of Thermo Fisher offerings
- Drive achievement of service revenue growth and profitability goals by focusing on market opportunities, key accounts, productivity, and pricing; ensure forecast accuracy.
- Work closely with R&D to understand the effects of technology obsolescence as it relates to product life-cycle and service implications; manage E&O to minimal levels for spare parts; manage customer expectations for obsolete products and spares; assist in developing and deploying technology retrofit upgrade packages on a commercial basis.
- Drive continuous improvement via customer communications and feedback relative to support levels, orders status, resource availability, complaints, and pricing.
- Establish strategic and operational plans, budgets and programs consistent in order to achieve goals outlined in the annual operating plan (AOP), Human Resources Review (HRR) process, and Strategic Plan (STRAP).
- Ensure that service AOP targets (Revenue, GM and EBITA) and key operational service metrics (Response/Repair Time SLAs, Customer Experience, Inventory, EH&S), are achieved by delivering world class service.
- Champion employee development and engagement, and drives accretive Employee Involvement Survey (EIS) scores to help Thermo Fisher Scientific achieve its goal of becoming one of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
- Provide a differentiated Customer Experience for both Internal and External customer stakeholders.
- Provide insight into new opportunities for EPM expansion through the field service engineers and customer interactions to drive business expansion and customer share of wallet.
- Ensure that CAS survey information is used for driving improvements in processes, training or other activities that are customer impacting.
- Manage the Global Customer Service teams.
- Lead, educate, mentor, and empower Region Service Managers, and work closely with Thermo Fisher Scientific stakeholders to:
- Improve service account retention and expansion
- Grow service and product line SOW
- Resolve customer complaints and manage Hot Account escalation activities.
- Support repair and depot rebuilds on products. Integrate depot operations into the Area.
- Maintain high standards for recruiting and performance. Take immediate action to recover performance shortcomings. Act quickly on all personnel matters.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 10 - 15 years of service or sales experience; 5-7 years of global management experience across multiple geographic regions preferred.
- Bachelor degree
- Progressive experience with a proven record of success managing a complex services P&L and applying analytical methods and business acumen in a strategic planning environment
- Seasoned leader with ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Track record of developing and launching new customer-valued service offering
- Ability to lead in highly matrixed environment
- Working knowledge of forecasting, budgeting, service cost drivers, and basic accounting principles or related experience
- Experience in change management principles and methodologies
- Expert level Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Demonstrated “roll up the sleeves” field leadership abilities with proven success in developing broad customer relationships, teams, and direct reports
- Working knowledge of regulations related to international services and logistics and various sales channel operations (distributor direct, manufacturer's reps)
- Extensive knowledge of modern service management strategies and tools as applied to industrial customers and services support for product launch and product life-cycle management of capital equipment
- Self-starter, highly motivated leader with a strong bias for action/execution
- Demonstrated skills in our Thermo Fisher Leadership Competencies including, Business Acumen skills, Strong planning and organizational skills, Analytical skills, Continuous improvement
- Ability to travel internationally up to 60%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong leadership in decision making with a “Customer-First” mentality
- Ability to communicate with clarity and persuasively to influence others to reach agreement and gain support for strategies
- Ability to manage effectively in a complex and heavily matrixed organization
- Strong work ethic
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join