Engineer III, Field Service
Job ID :
US - Arizona - Phoenix|US - Arizona - Remote / Field
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and qualification of Microanalysis instrumentation (Noran System Seven, WDS, EDSD, XRF, etc) and/or Molecular Spectroscopy instrumentation (FTIR, Raman, UV-Vis, etc)
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes instrument generated chemistry and performance reports of technical issues to recommend factory modifications that eliminate future events of the same issue.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers (Chemists).
- Other duties may be assigned.
Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join