About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data within operating parameters. Actively participate in troubleshooting for specific processes or activities as assigned.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions.
- Identify and implement manufacturing procedures intended to optimize existing processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advise the team lead/manager of factors that may affect quality of the product, initiate problem reports for deviations and non-conforming materials, and suggest options and ideas for corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 0-2 years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials:
- Aseptic techniques
- Scales and balances
- pH/Conductivity meters
- Mixers and stir plates
- Spectrophotometer operation (Nanodrop)
- Large scale solution formulation in fixed and mobile tanks with built in scales
- Walk in fume hood
- Snorkel dust collectors
- Good documentation practices
- Safety awareness and identification of potential safety issues.
- Bench work in a lab environment and manufacturing facility with specialized equipment.
- Ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
- Ability to work independently/in a group setting with direct supervision.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Experience in ISO 90001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others.
- Good problem solving skills.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join