Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
· FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
· Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
· How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
· the installation of a Talos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The mission of the Workflow Validation Engineer is to prove and improve the efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of the ‘sample to information’ process from a customer perspective. This process involves multiple interconnected hardware and software systems to prepare and qualify samples, recording vast amounts of data and images, and processing the collected data into meaningful information, e.g. through 3D reconstruction. You understand customer use cases at a level relevant to the integration and release of systems, SW products, tooling and other peripherals in a workflow context.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
· You write test plans, design functional and non-functional test cases, execute and/or oversee the execution of these test cases, report issues, and write test reports with recommendations:
· to identify, quantify and/or verify the parameters that influence the efficiency and yield of a workflow,
· to verify and validate new and updated workflow procedures,
· to integrate and validate new and updated hardware and software in a workflow context.
· You review and contribute to requirements, specifications and designs from a workflow perspective:
· to advise architects and designers on the workflow aspects of the modules, systems and software in their portfolio,
· to see to it that functional and non-functional end-user requirements are fulfilled in the designs of new systems, modules and software functionalities.
· You organize and contribute to product and process FMEA’s, SRA’s and other risk identification and management practices.
· You provide input for the creation of (interactive) user guides, documentation and training materials, and will verify the completeness and correctness thereof.
· You support rollout of new workflow (aspects) at launching customers
· You support development, test and application engineers in with solving issues and answering questions in your area of expertise.
· You promote the adoption of workflow aspects throughout all layers of the R&D department.
Requirements and Competencies
· Typically requires a University Degree in system engineering or related discipline.
· Proven experience in development and engineering of systems and sub-systems.
· Experience with statistical engineering tools.
· Experience with integrating and testing of low volume, high tech systems.
· Experience with working in multi-disciplinary projects (E, M, SW) across multiple sites.
· Affinity with factoring in human behavior in procedures and processes.
· Strong sense of ownership for assigned tasks and responsibilities.
· Strong communication skills, eager to learn, avid promotor.
· Self-supporting, hands-on personality.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join