Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
· Corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
· Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
· How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
· the installation of a Talos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
We need a subject matter expert to serve as an in-house computer equipment specialist within R&D. The successful candidate will work with a variety of internal teams to help develop, implement, and maintain a variety of computer, software, network, and security services that support the technologies we design and develop. He or she will consult with external customers and provide best practice design and services related to IT infrastructure related to microscopy. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with various professionals with varying degrees of knowledge of IT.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Provide design and testing of systems per the agreed upon architecture from management
- Install and maintain IT systems both internally and externally
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate and meet with various functional in-house individuals and teams to determine future needs
- Upon request, coordinate and meet with external customers to provide best practice design and services related to IT infrastructure related to microscopy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Industry certifications and memberships a plus
- Excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Knowledge in High Performance Computing design/run is required
- Knowledge in of various OS systems such as Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of Data Center operations and maintenance
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of IT Operations experience
- Must be able to travel 30%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join