When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Global Chemicals business has exceptional growth potential. Global Chemicals was built from several acquisitions and provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. Global Chemicals has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, particularly Asia. Global Chemicals has 14 operational facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia, and sells a significant portion of its products through Thermo Fisher customers channels group in major Western markets.
The Sr Manager, Warehousing and Materials Management – Laboratory Analytical Reagents NJ is a critical role in Global Chemicals. This position provides leadership by overseeing all functions and employees in receiving, warehousing, materials, and inter-location inventory transfer. With a focus on continuous improvement of the current warehousing and materials solution, this is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high profile need of our growing business.
- Responsible for day to day personnel and functional management of Warehousing Operations for the Fair Lawn NJ Site and interactions with the National Distribution Center (NDC) in Bridgewater NJ.
- Direct leadership for the receiving, shipping and inventory management functions.
- Instill the voice of customer throughout each stage of the material flow process to ensure the customer requirement is kept in mind, every day for every job.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures to allow more accurate full-stream visibility of materials from receipt through finished goods transfer to NDC
- Provides guidance, direction and leadership to ensure that work moves seamlessly through our Operations and Systems.
- Maintains a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness among associates, and implements 5S principles.
- Responsible for cycle count process adherence and inventory accuracy
- Participate in capital improvement projects in multiple warehouse sites across the LAR NJ footprint to optimize inventory storage practices and material flow
- Owns and reviews Key Performance Indicators (KPI) during daily management meetings. Identifies gaps and implements countermeasures.
- Builds strong alliances across all functions and is strategic liaison to Operations, Supply chain, Sourcing, Procurement, Customer Service, Engineering, and Finance to meet Customer and Stock Holder commitments.
- Mentors and develops direct reports and entire inventory management team. Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results.
- Establishes goals, sets priorities and coordinates all related activities within the Materials management flow to ensure focus towards meeting or exceeding established common business objectives from the Site Goal Tree.
- Monitors, reviews, and improves manufacturing and quality related activities and drives corrective and preventative actions. Focuses team on using standardized work practices.
- Maintains proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the ThermoFisher 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement)
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- 10+ years working experience in warehousing role within manufacturing / pharmaceutical environment. Must possess strong leadership experience and decision-making ability.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree such as an MBA or Masters is a plus.
- Strong experience in material management via ERP
- Strong experience in process auditing and improvement
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of other business functions such as Logistics, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Human Resources in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel as required between NJ sites (Fair Lawn and Bridgewater NJ)
- Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, and work at a computer station and on manufacturing shop floor.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join