Ion Chromatography Support Specialist
California (Los Angeles or Bay Area preferred)
The IC (Ion Chromatography) Field Applications Specialist provides both pre-sales and post-sales technical support for the development and implementation of Scientific’s Ion Chromatography products and applications.
When part of the team at Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Provide pre- and post-sales support for the Ion Chromatography products and applications.
- Provide support to the Sales team to help close orders.
- Provide technical training for Ion Chromatography instrumentation, techniques and methods to the Sales team and customers.
- Perform Ion Chromatograph instrument demonstrations primarily at customer site or lab to provide “proof of concept” data and report of completed assignments.
- Provide technical presentations either live or web based on Thermo Scientific products/applications.
- Maintain the highest degree of knowledge on our ion chromatography products and our competitor’s products through training and self education.
- Attend trade show events/conferences as required.
- Work cooperatively with the other groups on the interfacing of chromatography products with other Thermo Scientific products/hardware.
- Act as mentor to the sales team offering guidance on hardware, applications, demonstration strategies and interfacing with customers
- Provide regular feedback to product team on market issues through contacts with Product Management and Product Marketing.
- Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to service personnel, company sales representatives, and customer’s employees
How will you get there?
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or relevant degree.
- 3 years direct experience in a lab environment, preferably with Ion Chromatography.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate related software ().
- Communication skills: must demonstrate technical knowledge and have the ability to present in a clear and concise manner to others
- Availability to travel approximately 50% - 70% within the U.S. and Canada
- Masters and/or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or relevant degree.
- Prior field technical support experience.
- Hands-on service and/or lab experience.
- Marketing or sales experience is a plus
Territory and travel:
Travel up to 70% within the United States and Canada (passport required). This position would be home-based in California (Los Angeles or Bay Area preferred).
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
At Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.