When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a member of the Corporate Information Security Risk Management team, the Senior Manager for Risk Analysis will be responsible for building and leading a new information technology and security risk analysis team for the organization. The team will be responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative risk analyses, managing the policy exception and risk acceptance lifecycle, driving awareness and education of the risk analysis process, and providing guidance and recommendations to reduce risk within the organization.
This role will have global responsibility for the information technology risk analysis process, with a strong focus on utilizing quantitative analysis methods for providing clear information and recommendations to senior leaders. He/she will act as senior staff within the Risk Management team and will be expected to monitor and report program efforts and results across the entire company. He/she will also act as the primary interface to the Corporate Risk Management team.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain a risk analysis process that will allow the team to conduct risk analyses related to information technology and information security.
- Manage the policy exception and risk acceptance lifecycle.
- Recruit risk analysts with the appropriate skill set to conduct risk analyses and provide recommendations and guidance to the organization.
- Build awareness and understanding of the risk analysis process, quantitative analysis methods, and risk-based decision-making across the company.
- Work closely with the Systems Assessments and Vulnerability Management teams to develop a process for quantifying risk identified within their day-to-day processes.
- Function as the primary interface with the Corporate Risk Management team and provide analyses and analytics to assist with key business decisions.
- Integrate the risk analysis process with automated workflow tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years’ experience in risk analysis, information risk management, and/or information security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Information Assurance, Information Security, Cybersecurity, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Experience with quantitative risk analysis methods such as Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR).
- Experience creating, modifying, and/or managing workflows in automation tools such as ServiceNow.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Relevant certificates such as CRISC or CISA are recommended.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join