We are seeking an experienced Field Applications Chemist to join the Mass Spectrometry Application team for CMD Korea. This person will be involved in pre and post-sales support for the development and implementation of customer applications for Liquid Chromatography Mass Spec. especially focus on Omics and Biopharm./Pharm. application.
The primary functions of the position will include:
• Focus on the delivery of pre-sales technical application support to the regional sales team as well as nationally for markets targeted by the field.
• Provide front line post-sales technical support regionally as well as nationally.
• Attendance and participation at select seminars, trade shows and technical conferences.
• Assist sales in the technical response and support with quotes, Bids and RFQs
• Maintain a similar level of knowledge on our competitors’ product portfolio and positioning
• Perform qualified hardware and software product demonstrations with LC/MS based systems to help sales professionals obtain orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• A comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of LC/MS and Omics application
• Prior experience working for an analytical instruments
• Prior experience in preparing and delivering technical papers or seminars
• Strong oral (public speaking) and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Proven ability to successfully work independently
• BS degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (required)
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (desired)
• Prior experience providing pre-sales support and customer post-sales support is a plus.
• 2+ yrs or higher of extensive operational experience in LC/MS systems and Omics application (required)
• Practical experience with Ion Trap, Single Quadrupole and/or Triple Quadrupole and/or High Resolution Accurate Mass system
• Willingness to travel up to 75%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join