US – Ohio – Marietta
US – North Carolina – Asheville
US – Massachusetts - Chelmsford
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The role will facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System at several top sites and functional teams across a region in Laboratory Products Division (LPD) to enable profitable growth. The position partners with key stakeholders in their region to establish multiyear plans via strategy deployment tools (X-matrix/A3), creating a quantified 6 month future state and kaizen plan through value stream mapping, PPM/PPW optimization and leading kaizen events to enable the teams to achieve their business goals and objectives. It involves developing continuous improvement capability at various levels of the organization relative to the PPI Business System.
- Facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System across a region within the Laboratory Products Division to achieve targets in Safety, Quality, Customer Allegiance, Growth, Cash Flow and Productivity.
- Establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Drive development and coaching of leaders, PPI practitioners and the general population relative to the PPI Business System.
- Develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further. Share best practices and drive continuous improvement and Standard Work across all organizational elements.
- Partner with business leaders to develop, standardize, and drive operating mechanisms that drive key performance indicator (KPI) visibility, accountability, and action planning to continually improve business performance performance.
- Ensure there is an active pipeline of PPI projects at regional sites and functions aligned to business priorities, metrics and results. Ensure that there is a solid sustainability mechanism/review for past projects.
- Manage regional PPI reporting to the divisional PPI and Finance Team.
- Bachelors' degree in engineering, science, operations or business. Masters or Factory Physics degree is a plus
- Strong financial and statistics acumen
- Advanced lean practitioner with a 5+ years of experience with PPI Business System or comparable prior experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS), Factory Physics Execution (FPX), or other recognized Lean business system models.
- 5+ years of operations and/or engineering experience working for a world class, multinational organization preferred.
- A ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful Continuous Improvement (CI) elements such as: Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value Stream Mapping leadership experience.
- Experience leading Kaizen events including elements such as standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value Analysis/ Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, heijunka, and kanban.
- A holistic thinker who is effective in influencing leaders to develop transformational target states and rapidly drive change through the full organization.
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people and facilitate effective cross-cultural business interaction
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally 50%-75% of time.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join