When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy business units. The FSI marketing organization is in search of a Senior Manager for the Nuclear & Medical segment where we provide radiation safety solutions to a wide array of end users including nuclear power plants, hospitals, and research labs.
This leader will assume overall responsibility for strategy, product management, and marketing communications in the Nuclear & Medical segment and be able to build, develop, and deliver results through a team.
The ideal candidate will have a global commercial mindset, a customer focus, and familiarity with best practices in product management. He/she will also have strong business acumen and be able to guide the segment towards continued profitable growth. This leader will be called on to develop the Nuclear & Medical product roadmap as well as take ownership of new product launches including associated vitality revenue. In addition to positioning the business for long term growth, this leader will be responsible for being current on market trends and competitive intelligence. It will be important for this leader to communicate well at many levels and in many different arenas such that the strategies and plans developed at FSI headquarters are executed in practice in the field. Being able to accomplish tasks through a dedicated team is as important to success as influencing others across functions, regions, and business units. This role reports to the Director of Marketing for FSI.
- Superior leadership ability
- Superior problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in a B2B environment
- Experience developing and managing a team
- Knows how to leverage customer, competitive, and market intelligence to drive growth
- Has strong drive, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Ability to determine the appropriate level of rigor needed to answer business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills and presence conducive to interacting with executives
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills including consensus building, information sharing, and communication of needs and priorities across functions
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry desirable, but not required
- Bachelors in engineering or science required. MBA highly desirable.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join