Director – LSG North America Accounting
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
The Director – LSG North America Accounting position will lead the North America accounting function within the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific (group revenues exceeding $4 billion). The accounting function is responsible for accurate and timely consolidations and reporting of LSG ($4 billion in revenue).
What will you do?
The Director – LSG North America Accounting will lead a team of 10 direct and indirect reports and have responsibilities related to the following areas:
- Monthly closing of the North America accounting ledgers in accordance with the financial close schedule
- Consolidations of 200+ ledgers into Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Analytical review of the monthly financial results of the North America and Global Consolidated LSG business
- Technical accounting research of complex issues to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Revenue recognition review for all North America revenue to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies
- Oversite of the work performed by the LSG team in the North America Accounting Shared Service Center
- Purchase accounting for LSG acquisitions and integration into our accounting and reporting structure and processes
- Coordination of the quarterly reviews and year-end financial audit process performed by the external independent auditors
- Ensure that North America accounting functions are being performed as stated in company procedures, financial close schedule, and in accordance with US GAAP and SOX
- Review work and conduct goal setting, performance evaluations and career development discussions for team
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives
This role will work closely with the regional accounting teams, the accounting shared service center, the corporate accounting team and the LSG FP&A groups. This role will report to the Senior Director – LSG Global Accounting and will be a key member of the LSG global accounting leadership team.
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and are a CPA
- You have 7-10 years of progressive accounting/finance leadership experience with a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- You have experience leading a diverse global financial month-end close in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining a strong control environment
- You possess a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with demonstrated advanced accounting and technical skills including experience with complex revenue arrangements
- You have effective written and oral communication skills
- You can thrive in a large, matrixed, international organization and have the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of individuals and teams
- You demonstrate success attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining high-potential talent
- You have prior experience working with financial software such as SAP, JD Edwards Enterprise One, Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Enterprise
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
- You are successful in a fast pace environment