When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
At our Grand Island, NY location centrally located between Buffalo and Niagara Falls this incumbent will be the primary contact for processing all incoming catalog orders, inquiries via telephone, email, direct order entry and electronic data interchange systems. Provide specialized support to key strategic customers.
How will you make an impact? In this role your work matters. You are the face of our company providing service for and working directly with the leaders of the scientific community, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer or protecting the environment. You will receive order requests from customers with the expectation of providing exceptional customer experience. With our numerous tools and recourses at your fingertips, we empower you to make significant decisions in the customer’s best interest while at the same time playing an important significant role in revenue generating business function. As experience is gained as you provide specialized support to key strategic customers, we look for you to not only grow in your role but also grow within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What will you do?
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming telephone inquiries and orders. Adhere to SOP’s and departmental training guidelines.
- Follow established service quality standards and meet established telephone order processing time standards (talk time, after call work, order accuracy etc.).
- Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Utilize sales order entry system, catalogs, price lists and sales aids to provide accurate information to customers, including interpreting quotes and promotions and credit policies.
- Provide required documentation related to each particular order to meet shipping schedules (i.e. material safety data sheets, certificates of analysis, custom orders etc.).
- Maintain daily sales order log, reports, and other records; provide reports and logs as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned. Responding quickly and professionally to all customer inquiries, including pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, etc.
How will you get here?
High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Job encounters recurring and routine work situations with occasional variations from the norm.
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- May serve in various teams according to business needs.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of personal computer applications such as, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and SAP Software preferred but not required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year’s experience with customer service or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor.
- The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day. Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment.
- Must be flexible with hours worked to support department hours 8 am – 8 pm EST, Mon - Fri
- Some Holiday work may be required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join