The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for the promotion and revenue growth of the full workflow of Molecular Cloning, ePCR enzymes and thermal cycler products in line with promotion of Thermo Fisher Scientific as the technology leader in Molecular Biology Solutions. This position is home-office based in Switzerland (alternatively Austria), supporting customers mainly in Switzerland and Austria.
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Promote full portfolio of Molecular Biology LSR products and services within assigned territory.
- Sell directly in assigned territories at selected accounts under supervision of the TSS Senior Manager
- Develop and execute strategic account plans also with third party local sales representative, employing multi-level selling to sell top-down and bottom-up, and drive penetration of the assigned product portfolio.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects.
- Support service to customers by developing a strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production to ensure that a teamwork environment is established and optimal technical and customer service support is guaranteed.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Core Account Management & Inside Sales Team to facilitate team selling.
- Organise and conduct technical seminars, whilst demonstrating flexibility to accommodate customer requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with purchasing agents at key accounts.
- Develop and implement the territory business plans to effectively reach/exceed sales quota.
- Develop and implement pre-call plan and objectives to ensure productive customer interactions.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products.
- Develop a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. These include but are not limited to funding, market dynamics & end-user needs.
- Play an active role within the European Sales team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, teamwork, and improve account penetration.
- Attend all required sales meetings and training sessions, consequently implementing new skills gained.
- Submit reports as requested by sales management.
- Perform other objectives as assigned by sales management.
- Minimum MSc / BSc or equivalent degree in Biology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular or Cellular Biology.
- Requires understanding of commonly-used molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Process oriented with demonstrated attention to details.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel between 70- 80% in his / her territory to execute his / her duties .
- Solution Selling and Key Account Management skills are essential.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Commitment to contributions as a team member in a fast-paced, leading-edge, intense and very dynamic field.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to work at a highly technical level.
- Must be fluent in German and English, both verbal and written. French language skills are beneficial.
- Clean driving licence
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join