When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Assembler will be responsible for assembling electro and mechanical subassemblies to drawings, BOMs and work instructions to meet quality standards and production schedules. The assembler will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness of their work area and clearly communicating issues to their manager or appropriate engineer.
The Assembler is responsible for rejecting parts to MRB. This position will participate in daily
stand-up meetings and daily 5S walks. It requires knowledge of, or the ability to train in cGMP, 5S, personal safety equipment, Kanban, and ISO expectations. Knowledge in Process Improvement Practices, Process Control Monitoring, and Data Entry into PC database/spreadsheets is required. Must be familiar with PC operations and have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows 7 operating system. The Assembler is responsible for training coworkers when appropriate and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A High School education or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in mechanical assembly with some experience in Clean Room Assembly.
- Assembling vacuum systems is strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to read and understand assembly level drawings, work instructions, standard operating procedures, and other manufacturing documentation.
- Requires the employee to follow written procedures (SOP's) with attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Must be proficient with basic assembly tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, torque tools, etc.
- Proficiency with vacuum leak check equipment and Helium Leak Testing is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate information with others, and read/speak/write English.
- Basic problem solving skills and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge using SAP is a plus.
- Standing, sitting, walking, detailed assembly work with hands, computer work.
- Must be Able to lift up to 35 lbs up to 5 times per day.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join