Scientist II - Chemistry
South San Francisco
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Genetic Sciences business is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. Our teams are developing platform and content solutions that help bring criminals to justice, accelerate disease research, and keep the world’s food supply safe. We also develop advanced methods for rapid testing and detection of viruses such as Zika and Ebola, helping to prevent global outbreaks.
How will you make an impact?
There is no limit to the impact our technologies can have on the world, and as a member of our team you can play a critical role in helping us fulfill our mission.
What will you do?
The chemist II will be heavily involved in the execution of molecular biology based product transfer activities. They will primarily be based in the laboratory and as such, will have strong experience in analytical chemistry techniques and be comfortable in this environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will work effectively as part of a dynamic team or alone and will possess strong organizational skills. A strong attention to detail is paramount and the ability to keep accurate records is pivotal.
How will you get here?
- Required - Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Desired – M.Sc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of HPLC, ion chromatography, gas chromatography, UV-VIS spectroscopy, Karl Fisher tiltrotors
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of GLP
- Follow detailed instructions and experimental design
- Identify problems and raise them through the appropriate chain of leadership
- Conducts experiments independently and writes procedures, protocols and reports
- Executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.
- Possesses strong computer skills and can manage and analyze data sets.
- Follow strict operating procedures in a regulated environment (ISO13485, ISO9001, GMP, etc…)
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join