When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Remotely based in Wisconsin, the Field Service Engineer is responsible for customer support activities, with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation
- Utilize proven troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of electromechanical instruments
- Manage service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision
- The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales.
- The Field Service Engineer will represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal
- Provide periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Provide on-site product installation and customer training, on an as-needed basis.
- Review available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associate’s Degree with applicable related experience
- 2-3 years of field service experience
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Anatomical Pathology Instrumentation, optical instrumentation, networking instrumentation and Laboratory Information Systems is preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com