Job Title: Regional Marketing Manager – Trace Elemental Analysis
Number of direct reports: None (Individual contributor role)
What will you do?
The Manager, Regional Marketing, has responsibility for executing regional marketing strategy, campaign execution and demand generation for Trace Elemental Analysis within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. The role will be the key interface to represent Regional Sales marketing needs with Vertical and Product Marketing. The manager will develop and drive marketing programs resulting in measureable impact on leads, revenue and market share gains. Partnering with the Commercial organization, the Manager, Regional Marketing will provide direct marketing, web, events and training support. This role will also provide regional marketing perspective on market dynamics, competitive opportunities, customer requirements and sales force pipeline needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and align with the Commercial organisaiton, Product and Vertical Marketing to develop annual marketing strategy and plans to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Execute regional marketing programs targeting segments that drive demand generation, pipeline health and new contacts in these segments.
- Work with Business Unit Product Marketing and the Sales Region on driving go-to-market strategy for new product launches (NPIs) to achieve revenue goals and market adoption.
- Implement digital-based nurturing programs and telemarketing campaigns targeted at CMD’s install base as well as cold or unqualified leads to strengthen the pipeline.
- Drive ROI performance for key marketing programs and product launches.
- Provide quarterly market and competitive updates pertaining to technology trends, new products, compelling applications or adjacent market opportunities.
- Develop regional relationships with key opinion leaders that can provide testimonials or endorsement for Thermo Scientific solutions to trade publication editors and journalists.
- Conduct regional VOC directly or in collaboration with CMD’s Market Intelligence & Research team to assess the impact of product positioning, brand equity, customer satisfaction and marketing effectiveness.
- Coordinate Quick Market Intelligence input for the Region.
- Share best practices, effective regional strategies and high ROI campaign approaches with the vertical, product and regional marketing teams around the world.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry; MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
- 5-10 years work experience with solid analytic/scientific technology and market knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience with Trace Element Analysis (AAS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS) is highly desirable
- Proven experience and capabilities in regional strategy development and execution
- Demonstrated results (SRLs & Opportunity Growth) driving targeted campaign initiatives utilizing web, search, social media, advertising and events channels
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to travel 30-40% or as business needs dictate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Confidence in being a peer to sales leaders and being responsive to commercial needs
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Given the potential interaction across CMD, other Divisions and Corporate, this person will have a strong strategic business perspective, global outlook and excellent communication skills to establish credibility and influence.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.