Senior IT Project Manager
Due to increased success and growth across the EMEA region we are looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to lead highly matrixed project teams to ensure business objectives are achieved. This IT position works with the business divisions to ensure business application software is implemented to attain ultimate value.
Covering the EMEA region, the Senior IT Project Manager will work with multiple departments within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organisation, as well as across diverse customers to develop and deliver a best in class professional service.
Duties will include:
- Manage all aspects of project scope, schedule, resource, and risks to ensure successful delivery
- Ensure the software development and project management framework deliverables and milestones are achieved within cost, schedule, scope, and quality.
- Conduct proper and timely communications, address organizational change management and training according to project needs
- As a member of the PMO organization, expected to lead by example with best practice project management methodologies
- Foster business and IT collaboration to achieve goals through a highly matrixed environment
- Work directly with project team members consisting of business analysts, developers, testers, DBA, network engineers, etc.
- Lead steering committee meetings presenting to executive level sponsors
- Coach and mentor others on project management framework
- Own the resource management process for the projects and work collaboratively with peers to ensure resources are planned and allocated appropriately and proactively address resource constraints
- Travel requirements: up to 25% travel depending upon project assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, project management, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience, and/or Master’s degree a plus
- Extensive hands-on IT project/program management experience
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships
- MS Suite, Visio, expertise with Excel, MS Project
- Experience with manufacturing or retail operations, including distribution center/warehousing operations, quote to cash processes.
- Must have experience in at least one of the following systems: SAP ECC, JDE E1, Salesforce.com, Manhattan WMS, or any MES system such as Camstar.
- Demonstrated skills with portfolio and project management tools
- Demonstrated expertise with various industry PM methodologies including AGILE, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, PMI PMBok
- Experience working in a multinational company with demonstrated ability to lead effectively and drive results in a matrixed management operating environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills allowing for quick decision making and direction setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Multiple languages a plus.
- Experience working in an IT PMO and PMP Certified is a plus
- Experience leading IT integrations within Mergers and Acquisitions is a plus