When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Sales Development Specialist Intern that will focus on new construction and lab set ups. This person will utilize existing software within the construction industry to focus on business development in new lab start up and construction opportunities. The intern would be responsible for following up on queries and seeking out new leads in this space. The goal is to build a more robust lead funnel for future construction and new lab start up opportunities for the furniture group.
While we currently work with General Contractors (GC) or Sub Contractors, the goal would be to begin dialogue with architectural and engineering firms to begin to spec in our products during the design phase instead of hoping the GC or Sub will purchase our products based on generic specifications from the Architectural and Engineering (A&E) Firms.
• Effective project management adhering to established timelines for BioProduction Partners Portal and Salesforce.com integration including selling processes of newly acquired products
• Utilize existing database to establish dialogue with A&E Firms and GCs to have Thermo Fisher products specified on upcoming builds in construction
• Work on new furniture sales, new lab startups, retro fitting existing labs and new laboratory designs.
• Build rapport with decision makers on future products. Construction opportunities can have lead times that exceed 36 months so preliminary introductions on value add offerings is critical to being named in future RFPs.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a degree with a background in facilities, construction management, building construction technology and science or similar
• Must have the ability to talk to individuals that may not have the science background but need assistance in finding scientific products
• Experience in construction or in working with contractors
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join