The Training Specialist is responsible for providing instruction related to Life Technologies’ products and services using traditional, distributed, and multimedia-based methods as appropriate in our
This role will focus on working with Life Technologies service and support personnel to develop and deliver technical curricula primarily for Field Service Engineers and Distributors.
Courses will be taught associated with both current, and future, Life Technologies instruments and processes, including both Genetic Analyzers used for DNA sequencing and DNA fragment analysis applications, and Real-Time PCR instruments.
- Provide training to Life Technologies Field Service Engineers on installation, IQOQ, use, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Life Technologies products
- Participate in various process improvement teams to improve the skills and competencies of Field Service Engineers
- Apply a wide range of training principles and theories when identifying support course needs and effectiveness
- Prepare classroom and laboratories for classes
- Evaluate student performance
- Work with global peers and provide support and input into specific training projects on a global stage
- Develop highly effective and collaborative relationships with the field service organizations; field service, technical support, field application services, product support.
- Participate in team meetings with other Global Training resources, as well as local key stakeholder functional groups.
- Provide training for new products developed by company
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned. He/she may support the application training classes if the training center so decide to provide such courses.
- Capable of facilitating instructional material in a professional setting
- Capable of developing and delivery effective presentations
- Strong organizational skills to allow balancing of many priorities and goals
- Interpersonal and leadership skills sufficient to work with other departments in the development of training materials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of fundamental biotech sciences and processes
- Knowledge of customer support operations and instrument support/maintenance
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to small and large groups
- Ability to define, assess, and review training materials, needs, and effectiveness
- Requires a BA/BS in Science or Engineering, including coursework in Chemistry or Electronics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in repair and solving of hardware instruments in a technical training or technical support role. Products should be related to Life Technologies brand or related analytical instruments or similar products of competitors
- Possess at least a keen interest in basic science application knowledge on sequencing, as understanding the science behind the instrument is critical
- Passionate about self-development towards being a better trainer at all times, as well as being open to honest feedback
- Highly responsible and dedicated to training according to schedule
- Must be able to inspire and motivate students and peers, and collaborate effectively with others
- Able to speak English fluently
Works in both an office environment, as well as a training lab environment. Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. on occasions. May be required to stand for long periods of time while teaching. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and tools.