What will you do, the scope of the position?
The scope of this position is to grow, manage, control and assure profitability of the team’s Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) and Clinical Sciences Division (CSD) sales within the Life Sciences Solution Group (LSG).
The Senior Manager Instrument Sales, South Asia will provide leadership in executing the GSD/CSD sales strategy in order to deliver the company’s revenue targets, optimize profitability, and strategically deploy customer-facing teams aligned with the company strategy. In addition, this person will ensure there is an intense focus on the customer, sales force effectiveness, price optimization, a profitable portfolio mix, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy. He/she will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, a high performing organization.
The role will work very closely with cross functional leaders in South Asia to help create initiatives focused on communicating and nurturing relationships with customers, driving run rate business, and generating new business.
He/she will regularly influence, interact and interface with GSD/CSD divisions leadership. The role will monitor and drive change within the sales organization to produce proactive predictable revenue quarters with strong year over year growth. In addition, the role requires interface and strategic planning partnerships with other divisions in South Asia to support cross selling as well as the ability to develop and present strategic plans.
What is the territory?
The geographical area under management is India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives.
How will you make an impact?
- Build strategy and execution model for ongoing growth of the business.
- Manage and direct the activities of all field sales team.
- Meet or exceed the sales targets.
- Ensure that the sales team customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Implement all field sales policies and procedures with regards to resource management, account maintenance and management, and Sales operation.
- Resolve customer problems with the timely and efficient use of regional resources to include local Service support (i.e. managers and reps) and the Division’s resources such as product support, applications, marketing and engineering.
- Establish and implement regional business plan on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Select, hire and organize training of new field sales resources.
- Help develop team members for future growth via knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Lead/participate in project teams as identified to improve business performance.
How will you get there?
Addressing Key Challenges:
- Developing effective sales growth strategies within a highly competitive market
- Managing and influencing a highly technically oriented team
- Ensuring a consistent global approach to the market while ensuring sufficient local variation to reflect local market opportunity
- A solid understanding of the overall Thermo Fisher customer value proposition
Execution on Key Responsibilities:
- Further develop GO-TO-Market strategy in South Asia for GSD/CSD market to continuously grow the business.
- Direct and generally supervise the day-to-day activities of the GSD/CSD business, including the development, marketing and sales of its products and services with the objective of maximizing profitability and growth
- Establish criteria to measure short/long term performance and overall growth, and regularly evaluate results
- Maintain an awareness of, and exercises judgment in, such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and governmental statutes and regulations
- Review and direct the development of market opportunities and requirements for existing products/services. Develop an awareness of customer product and service needs, and maintain or enhance customer relations.
- Ensure that effective corporate systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit's operations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, as well as training and development of the necessary personnel to maintain an organization capable of achieving established goals and objectives.
- Our successful candidate must demonstrate outstanding leadership, sales management characteristics & inspiration to make impact!
- He/She will embody a strong capability to couple with a broad business acumen and intellect, vital competencies essential to navigating dynamic in an emerging market conditions
- He/She will have a successful track record of managing and growing a sales organization
- He/She will have demonstrated outstanding leadership of commercial operations, including, but not limited to, commercial analytics and forecasting, and be able to achieve target and matrix
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4-year BS degree, preferably in a science discipline
- Graduate degree in Science / Management preferred
- 20+ years of field sales experience of which 10+ years in leading a sales team
- Good understanding and appreciation of GSD/CSD instruments market and competitive landscape
- Proven ability to work/understand corporate culture, and navigate effectively
- Experience achieving challenging sales targets with accurate forecasting and solid sales fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel at least 35%, to enable effective management of the vast territory
- Exhibits coaching/counseling ability skill set
- Team player
- Consistently follows up on items/tasks
- People motivator
- Performs consistently under pressure
- Consistent ability to effectively analyze detail
- Demonstrates consistent decisiveness (independent action)
- Always handles pressure/disappointment professionally
- Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction)
- General understanding of sales financials
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join