Senior Associate, Buyer/Planner
Section 1: Job Description
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Review and analyze materials requirements for Production and execute the
necessary actions such as generating Purchase Order, scheduling and re-scheduling of
Material based on MRP requirement. Manage Supplier base to achieve delivery
Performance and negotiate with Suppliers to ensure optimum cost competitiveness.
- Conduct inventory Audit at Supplier sites where appropriate and report discrepancy and follow up actions with the suppliers.
- Review Vendor Managed Inventory in PAC/JIT Contract Strategy and ensure Contract is renewed or extended in a timely manner.
- Analyze Material obsolescence and report excess Material exposure when the Product is discontinued.
- Maintain and ensure systems and procedures are in compliance to the Organization’s Quality Standards and Regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Material review session for non-conforming materials and activate timely return of non-conforming materials to Suppliers.
- Manage and control of Raw Material inventory level to optimize Stock turnover to achieve desired company Inventory turn objective.
- Work and liaise with cross functional Teams to resolve issues and recommend initiatives to improve current work processes.
Diploma/BSc in Production Engineering or Business Studies or equivalent.
Area of experience
Number of Years
Purchasing or Materials Management
Familiar with SAP or E1 MM applications
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) experience.
4. Competencies preferred
- Planning and analytical ability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Work independently and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of MRP and SAP / E1 system.
- Knowledge of MS office application.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join