When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking an individual with extraordinary software engineering talent who has a proven track record of developing high performance, high capacity and scalable AWS Cloud based applications and a has passion for creating and working in an Agile team.
This position will require the candidate to be responsible for developing the Genetic analysis application as SaaS on the Thermo Fisher Scientific cloud platform to enable capabilities including customer data management, scientific instrument integration, application services, multi-tenancy, analytics pipelines, and results visualization.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Experience in building production quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Familiar with AWS apps technologies such as RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, IoT, Kinesis, Lambda, Step Functions. Additional apps technologies like Apache Spark, and Cassandra. Also familiar with AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53, CloudFormation.
- Experience with at least one Web UI framework like Angular.Js, Vue.Js, and React.Js
- At least 4 years of experience in Java / J2EE/AWS industry experience
- Experience with various application stacks such as Java, Python, etc
- The candidate must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills, is comfortable working as part of a large cross-functional, geographically distributed team, and is prepared to work to aggressive timelines along iterative software development schedules.
- The candidate must be self starter, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual.
- B.S in computer science is required.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Android technology or other mobile platforms is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join