At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to cure cancer with genomic data. It is a close-knit, collaborative, cross-functional setting where we believe none of us is as smart as all of us and we each have something valuable to contribute toward our goal. The software services team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience in software development and test engineering in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
We are seeking enthusiastic software test engineers who will scope, design, implement, and maintain automated and manual tests for highly advanced bioinformatics software. We require strong coding skills as well as a solid understanding of Quality Assurance principles and Continuous Integration methods. You will write positive and negative smoke and regression test scripts to test product functionality and integration with dependencies. You will test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and/or web apps and write performance, load and stress tests.
You are excited and passionate about participating in an Agile/SCRUM setting to meet and exceed customer expectations and continuously drive towards quality improvements. You like the idea of partnering with users and other team members to brainstorm the best possible approaches to validating systems. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast- paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
· Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
· Analyze product requirements and develop manual and automated functional, system and integration tests.
· Creation and execution of Test Automation Frameworks and Test Automation Suites.
· Use identified tools for automating the test efforts of the desktop, API, web, and 3rd party products we build and support.
· Perform static analysis of source code using complexity metrics.
· Assist in creating, reviewing, and determining amount of code coverage of tests written.
· Perform Load and Stress Testing of applications using enterprise level Test Automation tools.
· Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution.
· Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
· Perform in depth SQL Analysis
· Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents.
· Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
· Perform and coordinate QA activities such as estimation, test planning, test design, preparation of traceability matrix, test execution, test results analysis and reporting.
· Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
· Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications (must have)
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· 4 or more years of QA experience of commercial browser based software.
· Significant test automation experience, including implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
· Significant experience with Selenium and popular test management and automation tools such as JIRA
· Strong knowledge of the following required: web protocols, open source tools for testing; continuous integration and delivery concepts; XML, XSD, Json, SQL Test Automation Frameworks
· Working proficiency in Java
· Experience writing code to test APIs
· Demonstrated understanding of the entire software development life cycle.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
- Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
· Experience with Jmeter/SOAPUI or other test automation frameworks
· Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kan ban, etc).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join