Job Title: Technical Application Specialist II
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
AmpliSeq Designer is a cloud-based web app, extensively using
- multiple AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, SQS, SNS, SES, VPC, Elastic Ips
- Perl/Python for the backend and BioInformatics algorithms
AmpliSeq Designer team works in a fast-paced/agile environment required to deliver new features very often to the market. The teams are market-facing, releases are targeted towards prominent conferences, and have the logistics/team in place to support aggressive release schedules. The design and development follows the industry-standard scrum-based agile development process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role is of a hands-on engineer (individual contributor) who could make a difference to the product in terms of Support, and actively contribute to the success of new product features
- The role is expected to actively interact with Field Application Specialists, Support personnel and Product Owners to provide technical assistance on various product features, and contribute towards identifying solutions and risks to various problems etc.
Required Experience :
- Knowledge in Bioinformatics concepts including Next Generation Sequencing, PCR
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- Experience with building applications using genomic data
- Familiar with DevOps practices to develop, deploy and support applications using AWS technologies
- Hands on experience in application development using Python, Perl, Linux/Unix scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Agile Scrum development processes
- Post Graduate in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology or equivalent
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India.
Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join