When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
You will be part of the fast paced and multi-disciplinary Research Services group located in Santa Clara. We process a large number of customer samples on a wide range of genomic technologies including whole genome and/or targeting genotyping, copy number variation and gene expression assays and are committed to provide the highest data quality and the best customer experience.
How will you make an impact?
You will contribute to the development of a data warehousing platform that will handle the data generated by our group.
What will you do?
- Design and maintain a database to handle both genotyping information and meta-data.
- Design and develop tools to enable teams to generate analytical reports quickly.
- Provide support to users as needed.
- Minimum B.S. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 2+ years experience
- 2+ years of experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- 2+ years of working experience in related fields.
- Required: Java, Python, C/C++, or other object-oriented programming languages
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix including shell scripting
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Preferred: Experience with LIMS development and/or maintenance
- Preferred: Experience with web programming frameworks (Django, Drupal)
- Preferred: Experience with Data Visualization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join