This position will be responsible for the identification of in-licensed intellectual property associated with new product introduction, calculation of anticipated royalty rates in accordance with contractual obligations, and proactive consultation to product development teams regarding the use of licensed technology. As part of the Contract Management and Analytics (CMA) team, this position will support other financial and non-financial obligations relating to licenses and other contracts, including the administration of Limited Use Label Licenses. In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, this position will also be responsible for managing projects related to cross-functional initiatives. It is expected that daily responsibilities will require 70% of the position holder’s time while project management responsibilities will require 30% of the time. This allocation may fluctuate based on project pipeline and position holder’s project management experience.
- Identifying licensed technology associated with new product introduction programs, informing product development teams about royalty obligations, and advising on product configurations.
- Interfacing with other team members in the Legal, Marketing, Product Management, New Product Introduction, R&D, and Licensing departments to ensure awareness of license compliance-related matters.
- Supporting the audit program by evaluating licensees’ compliance with financial and non-financial obligations as well as providing assistance during in-bound audits.
- Applying new or existing Limited Use Label Licenses to products and services.
- Providing support for scientific/intellectual property/license-based initiatives as required.
- Managing projects for cross-functional initiatives.
- A minimum of three to five years years of experience in a life science or biotechnology company is required.
- Experience with license agreements is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with reviewing patent claims is especially desirable.
- A degree in life sciences or physical sciences is required.
- An advanced degree, M.S. or higher, in life sciences or physical sciences is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills are essential.
- The abilities to work independently, prioritize projects, multi-task, and work well in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team are essential.
- A collaborative, positive attitude is essential.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join