When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
This role possesses broad expertise in procurement/sourcing and is pivotal in executing and negotiating all quoting activities including vendor selection for new / transfer products.
- Lead in sourcing and procuring of materials, parts, components and assemblies to provide company with a competitive edge through lower materials cost, quality products, shorter manufacturing cycle-time and timely delivery to customers
- Support new product transfer program by acting as focus person to co-ordinate procurement activities until 1st production run
- Provide technical sourcing support to R&D to meet aggressive COGS target and/or new suppliers/commodities for development
- Drives the release of materials in timely manner with project core team/R&D to meet production build dates
- Support R&D sourcing effort by identifying and purchasing of components during prototype build
- Lead and drive sourcing activities to achieve cost savings target
- Investigates new or alternate sources of supply to support new product development, cost reduction requirements and/or supplier performance issues
- Conduct supplier survey and assessment jointly with Supplier Quality and Engineering group
- Escalation path for purchasing group to support delivery expediting and/or quality matters to ensure supply continuity during NPI phase
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- SAP/E1 experience a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, consensus-building, and analytical skills with the ability to work successfully in cross functional teams in an organized, fast paced environment while meeting time sensitive deadlines is a must