When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
A contributing member of the Custom Services Team who will work as part of a dynamic team of R&D, program management, manufacturing, and business development professionals to execute on strategic development projects. He/She will work closely with project teams to execute planning and testing on key partnerships with external customers.
- Support large or multiple development projects, aligning test strategies with regulatory strategy and meeting customer objectives.
- Support test method and strategy design, protocol execution, data analysis, and communication to technical lead and project team members.
- Conduct pre-designed scientific or engineering experiments using laboratory equipment and calculations.
- Create new or optimize existing laboratory procedures and test methods.
- Assist in lab procurement, calibration or maintenance of equipment.
- Plan the use of equipment, materials, and own time.
- Generate project documents including, test plans, protocols, and reports.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that project milestones and group goals are achieved.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A degree in the field of Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in PCR product development for research, clinical, medical device or other relevant industry.An interdisciplinary education and/or experience is preferred to allow for a systems-level approach on projects.
- Experience with qPCR techniques and nucleic acid extraction methods, as well as knowledge of instrumentation and genetic analysis applications.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Technical writing experience, including creation of test protocols and SOPs.
- Familiarity with good documentation practices and quality requirements for product development.
- Experience creating documentation to meet regulatory and quality requirements for product development.
- Is customer-centric and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Must be flexible and understand that some things may be a work in progress- may need to find unique solutions or follow a process that is not well defined.
- Experience with JMP data analysis, programming Excel macros, or other related programs a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Experience working within a regulated medical device industry.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join