As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This role is stationed at our Materials and Structural Analysis Division in Eindhoven where we develop and produce Transmission Electron Microscopes.(TEM)
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
The primary focus of the Supervisor Sustaining Engineering is to manage the Engineering Data Management group to provide archiving and change process control for all Thermo Fisher Scientific engineering data. The position closely interfaces with various Thermo Fisher Scientific functions and departments to solve complex problems and to ensure that system specifications are met in compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s requirements for product shipment to customers. The function also monitors and coaches team members’ professional and technical development.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Leads and manages the Engineering Data Management group, which may include a team of engineers, designers and drafters.
- Ensures proper staffing of team to provide adequate levels of technical expertise for documentation screening and archiving, conducting engineering changes, and executing design change requests.
- Responsibility for management of Thermo Fisher Scientific Engineering data, optimization of Engineering processes and interfaces to other departments.
- Develops and cultivates close relationships with R&D, PLM, TSS, Logistics, Sourcing, Sustaining Products, Manufacturing, Quality, and Application managers to adequately staff projects and resolve conflicts.
- Facilitates and leads cross-functional improvement and other Operations projects from inception to completion.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor or University degree in a technical discipline, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in high-tech industry environment in service, development or manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience participating in or managing cross-site and cross-functional projects
- Typically requires 3-5 years management experience (people and/or projects) in a manufacturing, technical support or service management role in a high tech industry environment
- Ability to lead and develop technical teams by mentoring and coaching
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise analysis of data, systematic problem solving and basic experimental methods, test protocols and procedures that include multiple factors
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 10% of working time)
- Fluent in English and local language (verbal and in writing)
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will be a people manager who is able to influence, persuade and energize his team while driving for results and high quality outputs. Holistic thinking and strong communicative skills will be key success factors to demonstrate effective judgment and decision making in turn leading to perfect customer satisfaction.