The Service Development Specialist (SDS) oversees the implementation and support of processes and services for instrument systems sold into the human in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market. The SDS must have a working understanding of the Service business, as well as the Global regulatory landscape as it relates to IVD products. SDS must have a strong understanding of product launch and support processes, good technical skills, and a deep understanding of the biotechnology or medical device fields
What will you do?
- Develop a coordinated product service support strategy to support the IVD business.
- Support and develops new/legacy products with project teams to the current standard as established in the PCP process and Services Playbook
- Perform the primary duties of an SDS on new IVD product release and life cycle product support for all IVD instruments.
- Be the liaison between the field, Regulatory, Quality, R&D and Management to effectively respond to and escalate critical customer or instrument issues.
- Work with internal teams to rapidly establish root cause and resolve the issues identified by the field.
- Monitor Service metrics on all assigned products and communicate trends with product quality teams, regulatory and management as required.
- Support internal Service teams, including TAC, Training and technical writers to ensure completion of all required deliverables
- Participate with management in all tactical and strategic decisions that impacts their IVD device strategy and portfolio.
- Works with individual Service Development Managers, Compliance Service Managers, Product Marketing and Service Marketing to drive service metrics review, develop strategies and prioritize action plans to reduce service costs as appropriate within the IVD product portfolio.
- Review Engineer Change Orders, Manufacturing Change Orders, document change orders that are impacting IVD products.
- Ensure that product changes are communicated through to the field support groups as required.
- Work in collaboration with other departments within the Service organization to look for revenue opportunities
- Work with PM team to design and implement an obsolescence plan for all end-of-life instruments.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join