Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Currently we are looking for a Field Service Engineer for the area of Baden-Württemberg (Stuttgart-area).
As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for repair and maintenance of our instruments and systems for genetic and cell analysis in the laboratories of our customer mainly in Germany.
As Field Service Engineer you will perform service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal & customer procedures and regulations. This means mainly: installation, repair, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
You will provide responsive telephone and on-site service and generally works to ensure that customer is successful in the use of the Thermo Fisher instrumentation. In addition you will coordinate your own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, Manager colleagues). You will also be responsible for producing timely and accurate reports of your own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports, etc.
Field visits will be mainly in Baden-Würtemberg but also other German areas. Visits in other European Countries possible.
- You're an engineering graduate or a graduate with a technical qualification OR
- You have a professional background in engineering or in biology or equivalent experience
- Ideally previous experience in a relevant service function with life science or medical equipment
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience
- Ability to schedule and work independently and as part of a group to accomplish individual and team objectives
- Positive presence and very good communication skills mainly in German and English
- Computer literate
- Fluent German language skills and a good command of English language
- High level of willingness to travel frequently and able to work from Home Office
- Ideally based in the area of Stuttgart
We offer an exciting new opportunity within a dynamic work environment that provides loads of possibilities for your personal and professional development.
This position is home-office based in Germany and permanent.